Bountiful Plumbing & Water Heater Services
Have a clogged drain, or a leaky pipe? Our team of experienced Bountiful plumbers is available 24/7 for your emergency repairs. Call us at (435) 833-9393.
All Types Plumbing, Drain & Rooter Service is a veteran owned and operated business that has been established for over 22 years. No job is too small or too big for us. We offer:
- 30 day guarantee on repairs and drains
- 2 year guarantee on replacement work
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
Our team of licensed and insured plumbers serve Bountiful, UT and surrounding areas.
When to Replace Your Water Heater
A water heater works hard to warm up water for your household use — from washing dishes, to showers, to doing laundry. The average water tank lasts approximately 10 years. If your water heater is aging, look out for these signs that indicate your tank may be on the verge of breaking down.
- Leaking. As water tanks age, they often develop leaks in the seams, or fractures. It can be difficult to determine the location of the leak. Most tanks leak during the heating phase; this is the best time to monitor for leaking. If the leak is coming from your tank, it is time for a replacement. Sometimes leaks occur at the connections to the tank – these can sometimes be repaired.
- Rusting. Inside every water tank is a metal anode rod often made of magnesium or zinc. Its purpose is to indicate rusting within the tank. If your anode rod is corroded, the inside of your tank is in similar condition and it is time for a replacement. You may notice a slightly metallic taste or smell from your water supply. This can come from rust.
- A Noisy Water Tank. If your water tank makes a lot of loud, rumbling noise during the heating phase, it could be a sign of too much sediment. Over time your water tank develops a layer of sediment from the sitting water. This sediment gets in the way of the heat source and the water causing inefficiencies. A sediment-filled tank requires more energy to heat water and it also takes longer for water to heat up.
How to Maintain Your Water Heater
- Check your anode rod at least once a year to monitor signs of rusting.
- Empty your water tank annually to get rid of water sediment. Drain until water runs clear.
- Wrap foam insulation around pipes to reduce heat loss and increase efficiency
Is Your Drain Constantly Getting Clogged?
If your drain often gets clogged, it may be time for a professional drain cleaning service. Chemical drain cleaning solutions are only temporary fixes. They partially dissolve the built-up debris clogging your pipes, but don’t properly remove it. Prolonged use of chemical drain cleaners can actually wear-down the inside of your pipes.
Your subscription is not active
Please visit the admin site to re-activate your subscription