Tooele Sump Pump Repair, Replacement & Installation
A good sump pump protects your basement and home from flooding. Keep your basement dry by calling (435) 833-9393 to reach reliable Tooele sump pump services. To check out our latest coupons and specials, click here.
For over 22 years, we’ve been helping the residents of Tooele, UT keep their basements dry and their homes flood-free by providing skilled sump pump repair, replacement and installation services. If you have a sump pump emergency, call us 24/7 for same-day service. Click here to see what customers are saying about us.
Signs You Need Sump Pump Repair or Replacement
A sump pump is installed in the lowest part of a basement which enables any water to drain into the sump pit. This water is then pumped out of the house. Like any machinery, it is prone to breakdown and requires regular maintenance. Here are a few signs that may indicate a need for a new sump pump (or at the very least, a repair):
- Too many on-off cycles: If you hear your sump pump frequently turn on and off, it could be problematic. This could indicate something simple such as an improperly adjusted float switch that causes the sump pump to turn on at low levels of water. Constant on-off cycles can wear-down the motor quickly. Or, this may be a sign that your water basin is too small and can’t keep up with household demand.
- Not turning on: The opposite problem of overworking the motor with on-off cycles is if the sump pump doesn’t turn on at all, especially when needed. Your float switch may be jammed.
- Lengthy running cycles: If your sump pump runs for more than a few minutes, it’s a sign that it can’t keep up with capacity, or requires more power.
- Excessive noise: A sump pump in good working order only makes a faint humming sound, and perhaps a ‘thump’ when turned off. A loud, rumbling or rattling noise could mean the motor is breaking down, or there is a jam with the impeller (fan).
Sump Pump Maintenance
An annual check-up is recommended to ensure the health of your sump pump. We often get many calls after heavy rainfalls when basements are more prone to flooding. During a maintenance call, we can help:
- Clean out dirt, gravel and other household debris from the sump pump and barrel.
- Disconnect outdoor hoses during the cooler months to prevent freezing.
- Install a backup battery-powered sump pump in case of a power outage.
A sump pump is an effective tool in improving household air quality by removing excess moisture and preventing mold or mildew from forming in the basement.
Call All Types Plumbing, Drain & Rooter Service at (435) 833-9393 for all your sump pump repair, replacement and installation needs.